Monday

And the winner is...

_DSC0047

Moses was 120 years old when he died. His eye was undimmed, and his vigor unabated.
 ~Deuteronomy 34:7
We read through the story of Moses in lifegroup and the lie the enemy keeps pestering me to believe - that I'm too old for this and that - is exposed once again. When God showed Moses the promised land from the top of Mt. Nebo just before he died, Moses was 120 years old.  

Now, clearly, I'm no prophet. My opthamologist tells me I'm already in need of cataract surgery {not good news for a "wannabe psalmist with a camera"}, and one look at my arthritic hands and the scars down the tops of both knees testify to my lack of vigor unabated. It's highly unlikely I'll live another 60 years, but that's not the point. 

As my lifegroup friend says, our sight may be dimmed and strength diminished, but God will let us see what he wants us to see and do what he wants us to do

In other words, I'll never be too old for God's pre-approved plans for my life. 

The lies the enemy throws our way - lies that feed off insecurity and perfectionism - turn our gaze inward and off the face of Christ, but they are always exposed by the truth God reveals in his word. 

In Love Idol - letting go of your need for approval and seeing yourself through God's eyes, Jennifer Lee weaves the encouraging story of her journey through perfectionism and people-pleasing with the truth she encountered in God's word and the freedom out of that approval-seeking "love idol" that she realized in knowing that in Christ she is pre-approved - and God's approval is all that truly matters. 

I'm thrilled to announce that the winner of a copy of Jennifer Lee's Love Idol is Lynn Mosher {Lynn, please email me your mailing address}. It breaks my heart that I don't have a copy for everyone who entered. I hope you'll consider purchasing a copy or borrowing one from a friend. {If you entered the giveaway and honestly don't have the resources to buy a copy for yourself, please send me an email and I'll see what I can do to find a copy for you}.